1. Which of the following is the weakest acid?
A. H2S (KA = 1.1 x 10-7)
B. HCO2H (KA = 1.8 x 10-4)
C. HF (KA = 6.8 x 10-4)
D. NH4+ (KA = 5.6 x 10-10)
E. Acetic acid (KA = 1.8 x 10-5)
2. Which of the following molecules would be the strongest acid?
3. Which of the following molecules would be the strongest acid?
4. Of the acids shown in the table below, __________ is the strongest acid.
5. Given the KA values in the table, which of the conjugate bases below is the strongest base?
6. If H2O has a pKA of 15.7 and acetic acid has a pKA of 4.75, which is a stronger base, hydroxide (OH–) or acetate (C2H3O2–)?
7. Given the KB values in the table, which of the conjugate acids below is the weakest acid?